This was one of those days.
Terribly, it was one of those days for my running buddy too. She only got up because I texted her that I was on my way and I only got up because she was waiting for me.
It was just one of those runs and I was super grouchy. So grouchy that as we ran today, I kept a continual list of all the things I hated this morning. So, in order to cheer on all the newer runners out there who think that the veteran runners love it all the time and run with a smile and a spring in their step, here's my list of things I hated while running this morning. Other runners, feel free to add to the list in the comments.
- I hate getting up so early every Saturday.
- I hate this trail (we were on the Southside trail).
- I hate March.
- I hate these tights.
- I hate my IT band.
- I hate hills.
- I hate cloudy days.
- I hate rain.
- I hate running in Oakland.
- I hate driving in Oakland too. But I hate running it more.
- I hate that I've run nearly 200 miles this year and nobody has handed me a medal yet.
- I hate gu.
- I hate that my car keys are always sticky from the empty gu packets in my pockets.
- I hate this song.
- I hate this song too.
- I hate this zipper.
- I hate being cold.
I'm pretty sure I covered everything I had to whine about this morning. I whined surprisingly little about the actual mileage today. I was just in a bad mood and didn't feel like running at all. My running buddy is an incredibly understanding and patient woman.
And we decided that for as much as all that stuff sucked today. . . in 5 weeks, we have a roaring finish line crowd and new bling waiting for us. And that we can agree is something to love.
In the end. . . I love running. Just not today.