- I haven't been blogging alot lately. I promise at least one book review while I'm on spring break in a week. The breakneck pace at which things are moving right now is frightening. Less than 6 months ago, I didn't know a word of Hebrew that isn't used in Protestant liturgy on a regular basis (Hallelujah, Amen and Shalom). This morning, I translated three chapters of Genesis. All before my 9 am class. Hebrew is a totally different character set than English. AND it goes backwards (right to left). I'm not touting my own intellect here (I'll save that for another day.) My classmates are doing it too. That's just what is expected of us. One of my classmates is a lawyer seeking a career change. She (a second year student) said that seminary is definitely harder than law school. I'm considering transferring to law school. . .
- אני אהיה עורך דין נורא
- My son is driving me up the wall. This is, apparently, a typical stage that three year old boys go through. He's lucky he's so stinking adorable. He is not my favorite person to hang out with right now. He's not even top three. He only barely makes top four. He's been defiant, rowdy and still refuses to poop in the potty.
- In two terms of this first year of grad school, I have very nearly put on the "freshman 15." This is not a good thing at all- especially if I'm serious about cutting 15-20 minutes off my half marathon this year. So, I'm back onto using Sparkpeople.com to track my food. I've really been eating total crap. That explains things a bit. I have used a few different food and exercise trackers in my time and this seems to be the best one. They have a good mobile app too, which makes it really easy to use. Sparkpeople doesn't know me from Adam, but I really encourage anyone who is looking to track their nutrition for whatever reason to check it out: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/register.asp?from=friend&ReferredBy=7887357. And you can check out my profile here: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp?id=HOWE2KNIT
- I'm geeked that it's supposed to be nice weather when I go out for my 10(ish) miler tomorrow. I have to figure out where I want to run. I need a change of scenery.
- My dog just tried to "help" me type. Sorry about that last one.
- I am truly sorry to those of you who have had completely obnoxious middle school children, but I'm loving mine. I don't know if it's the new school she's at, the fact that we finally have a diagnosis and tangible "thing" to deal with now (general anxiety disorder- good times) or if she's just finally chilled out for some unseen reason after years of terrorizing us. Perhaps it's a combination of all of those things. Maybe it's just because I know how to relate to big kids, while little kids just give me the willies most of the time. Whatever it is, I'll take it. She's just been delightful lately.
- If you're wondering how the other kids are, they haven't changed much lately. Darling Globug is as cheeky and precocious as always and Brandon is doing great too.
- Phone call! Long distance! I shall return! Have a great night.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Posted by Charissa at 20:25